Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Pickle Potato Salad - Dill or Sweet Pickles

This is how the conversation usually goes at my house: Me-I'm thinking about trying a new potato salad. The Boys-How about you make a batch of your normal one ~and~ the new one and we'll have a taste test... Um, see what happened there? 

We all have our family favorite recipes, but every once in a while it's fun to change things up a bit... I decided to try this Pickle Potato Salad and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Of course it does help if you're a pickle lover:@) No special recipe required, simply whip up your go-to potato salad, but mix in some rough chopped pickles, or a nice big spoonful of pickle relish. Use your favorite pickles too, either dill or a sweet bread and butter type. Most folks like sweet, and the dill will add just a little pickle-y zing and pucker. How much pickle? As much as you'd like! Some recipes call for adding pickle juice too, but pickles are wet, and especially if you use relish, you'll already be adding some juice.
I used a medium baking potato and heaping forkful of sweet relish.
Nothing ground-breaking here folks,
just an easy way to add a little something-something you your next grill out.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. Num...we have potato salad war here, I make three different potato salads, Grandma M's (Hubby and one son's favorite), my Mom's (mine, other son and d-in-law's favorite) then a vinegrette 2-potato (sweet potato-white potato-red onion salad) and so everyone is never super happy at any time...LOL. The pickle thing would complicate it even more...Grins, but I personally like a little dill in my salads! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Num...we have potato salad war here, I make three different potato salads, Grandma M's (Hubby and one son's favorite), my Mom's (mine, other son and d-in-law's favorite) then a vinegrette 2-potato (sweet potato-white potato-red onion salad) and so everyone is never super happy at any time...LOL. The pickle thing would complicate it even more...Grins, but I personally like a little dill in my salads! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I bet is is a nice flavor punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds easy and delicious to me, Lynn. I haven’t made potato salad in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!