Monday, June 13, 2022

Parmesan & Cracked Black Pepper Zucchini Rounds -Air Fryer Recipe, Appetizer or Side Dish

I picked my first zucchini from the garden *yay!* and decided to turn it into a fun snack or appetizer. And these Parmesan & Cracked Black Pepper Zucchini Rounds could also be used as a nice side dish for dinner. Super simple, very tasty, and totally dippable:@) I enjoyed mine as is, but they could be served with ranch or blue cheese dressing, marinara sauce, or a cool dill dip. The key is to use the air fryer so that the cheese browns up quickly, but also to slice the zucchini a hearty 1/2" thick so it still has some bite when cooked. Another nice thing is this calls for readily available grated parm cheese, yep, the kind in the green can most of us already have in the fridge. Easy-peasy.

Woo-Hoo-
It's officially zucchini season folks:@)

Parmesan & Cracked Black Pepper Zucchini Rounds
  1. Preheat air fryer at 450 degrees while preparing squash.
  2. Wash, dry and slice zucchini 1/2" thick. Squash should be at room temperature.
  3. Place zucchini cut side up and spray with cooking spray, I used olive oil spray.
  4. Sprinkle with salt, add some freshly cracked black pepper, completely cover top of zucchini with grated parmesan cheese.
  5. Place zucchini slices in air fryer basket, cheese side up, give them some room so air can circulate around them. 
  6. Carefully place basket in air fryer, turn heat down to 400 degrees, cook for 3-6 minutes, until cheese is nicely browned.
  7. Remove from basket and sprinkle with additional S&P to taste.
  8. Serve with dip if desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. These zucchini rounds are calling my name!! Simple and so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t wait to give this a try, Lynn. I do like my zucchini on the crunchy side and this will give me a way of using my small air fryer. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to make this for summer Lynn. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!