Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Cinco de Mayo -Arroz con Dulce & Barbie Crafts Round-Up

This Arroz con Dulce would be a great dessert/treat for Cinco de Mayo (which is tomorrow). It's been on the blog since 2010 and I've made it a few times now, this is truthfully the best rice pudding I've ever had! Coconut milk, cloves and ginger give it exotic flavor and it's nice and creamy. The recipe is well worth sharing again, I think you'll be pleased if you try it folks:@)
You can find my other Cinco de Mayo recipes HERE.

Arroz con Dulce
3 C water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp whole cloves
1 Tblsp crushed fresh ginger
(1) 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
1 C regular, uncooked, short-grain rice
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C raisins
  1. Add water, salt, cloves and ginger to a deep sauce pan, Bring to a boil, sieve through a colander to remove spices. 
  2. Bring water to a boil again. Add coconut milk, rice and sugar. Cook covered over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes. Add raisins. Cook uncovered until the rice has absorbed all of the water (about 20 minutes more).
  3. Cooking times may vary.
And I have a few quick project ideas for Barbie...
We know she likes to have a little fun for all of the holidays too:@)

Maracas: You can use any bead that resembles a maraca shape, either round or a tear drop type shape. I used large pearl beads and wooden skewers I had in the kitchen for shish-ka-bobs. Then just painted the beads with traditional colors and gave them a shiny coating of clear nail polish. A little dot of two sided tape helps Ken or Barbie hold them.
 Wa-La, the Barbie clan is now ready to join the mariachi band😎

Skewers and 14mm pearl beads. I twisted the skewer tightly into the bead hole and then cut it to length for the handle. Paint as desired, I made my little green zig-zag with a toothpick. Beads, skewers and double sided tape can all be found at Dollar Tree.

Happy Cinco de Mayo Planning-enjoy:@)

4 comments:

  1. I've never had rice pudding! Love all the festive Cinco de Mayo Barbie attire! We are celebrating tonight with steak fajitas and enchilada stuffed mushrooms, Ole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lynn. Our tastebuds must be the same, because your recipe's are the only ones I copy. I did make the bacon dip for Easter and my crew loved it! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lynn, We must have the same tastebuds, as your recipes are the only ones I copy lately. I made the bacon dip at Easter and my crew loved it! This sounds delicious and I'm going to try it in the rice cooker. Num, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rice pudding, but this version sounds especially flavorful! I’m making sour cream chicken enchiladas for dinner.
    I love that Barbie is celebrating Cinco de Mayo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!