Monday, January 3, 2022

Instant Pot Taco Chicken Pasta Dinner -One Pot Dump Recipe

Sometimes I feel like I need a meal that's super easy and fast. I've seen a lot of 'dump' recipes for slow cookers, and used that as inspiration. I had a thawed boneless chicken breast and decided to try a quick, "toss everything into the Instant Pot pressure cooker, and see how it turns out" meal... I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! This Taco Chicken Pasta Dinner came together in minutes, and was a mildly spiced, hearty meal. Use any beans you have on-hand and there's wiggle room with the amount of chicken... I like to cut back on meat whenever I'm using beans. Don't hesitate to try this one folks, it's not gourmet, but a nice pantry item meal idea to tuck away for when needed:@)
Perfect as is, or it can be topped with shredded cheese, 
green onions, black olives, and/or sour cream. 
Can serve with corn bread, tortilla chips, or ideally, a nice green salad.
Oh and, hot sauce on the side is always a good idea:@)

Taco Chicken Pasta Dinner
1 C elbow macaroni, can use some whole wheat
up to 1 lb chicken, thawed, cut into bite size pieces-I used half of a large boneless breast
1 envelope taco seasoning
15 oz beans, black beans, kidney beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz can corn, drained, or up to 2 C frozen corn, thawed
10 oz can tomatoes with chiles, Rotel or store brand, use the liquid
1 C water
Anything you'd like to serve with it
  1. Add macaroni to vessel first.
  2. Add raw chicken over pasta.
  3. Sprinkle everything with taco seasoning.
  4. Pour in beans, corn and tomatoes with juice.
  5. Add water.
  6. Choose manual setting, 4 minutes, automatic release when done.
  7. Stir, let sit for about 10 minutes so pasta absorbs some of the liquid, serve in bowls with toppings as desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. I'm all for dump and go, and wow, 4 minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great easy meal, Lynn! I’m all in for simple these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Easy comfort food is just my style these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sure enjoyed featuring your awesome post last week on Full Plate Thursday, 571! Thanks so much for sharing with us and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!