Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Easy Halloween Pumpkin Costume Ideas for Barbie (and Baby)

Back in the 1980's it was popular for fabric manufacturers to sell panels of fabric that were designed to be cut out into pillow shapes. And one year I made pumpkin Halloween costumes from panels for my sons too. I was reminded of this recently when I saw a simple Jack-O-Lantern poncho type top for women in LTD Commodities... So I decided it would be fun to create one for Barbie too:@)

And of course it's easy to add a cute headband from a recycled bottle ring, 
wrap some pipe cleaners for vines and glue on a leaf or two to mimic the stem. 

What I did:
  1. Cut a 9" wide circle of fabric (doesn't need to be perfect). This will bring the top down to her wrists. It can be shorter or longer. I used pinking shears. 
  2. Fold circle in half twice into cone shape. Measure down 1/2" from point, draw half circle, cut hole in center just big enough for Barbie's head to fit through. Glue sewing trim around the hole for decoration if desired. I used a string of sequins and Liquid Stitch.
  3. Create the Jack-O-Lantern face, I used a Sharpie.
  4. From here, you're basically done. You can continue decorating as desired😎
A few possible sewing trim embellishments:

And I thought it might be fun to make a little baby bunting from a balloon...
Oh my ~gourd~ they're so cute:@) Laying and sitting baby, same balloon.
Cut small hole for opening, draw lines/ridges, tie knot, cut roll off, color stem.
Stretch hole so baby fits inside, fit opening around baby's face.

More ideas:

~Make something just for fun and have a happy day🎃

I'm Joining:

6 comments:

  1. So many cute ideas for Barbie on Halloween! Maybe one day I'll have a granddaughter (wishful thinking, LOL!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, the Barbie costume is adorable and same for the other ones you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poncho is so cute, Lynn! I’m going to make two and give them to Harper and Hayden. They will love it! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Party in Your PJs. This is so cute and looks really quick to do. My granddaughter is so into Barbie right now. Best wishes, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Barbie Halloween costumes, Lynn! I should surprise my granddaughter and make one for her Barbie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!