Saturday, August 28, 2021

Saturday ReView: Reese's Footballs, Amish Pasta Salad & Barbie Balloon Bathing Suits

It's true folks, I absolutely love all things football! And this year Reeses's marketed football shaped peanut butter cups-good stuff! Now, don't expect too much from the candy itself, it's just a yummy oval shape (kinda like the Easter eggs), but the packaging sure is fun:@)

If you're looking for a tasty side dish for your Labor Day BBQ's,
may I suggest this Amish Macaroni Salad, it's really good:@)
Sweet with just a little tang, and very substantial with the addition of hard boiled eggs.

And over in Barbie's world...
How about making some red, white and blue bathing suits 
to celebrate summer's last big holiday weekend!

Ken says since they're at a neighborhood pool party he wore his swimsuit briefs... 
He'll share his Speedo version before he and Barbie go away together to Barbados😎
Editorial Note: Um... or maybe not Ken...

Here's a one piece bathing suit for Barbie. 
This one is more challenging to put on and kids will probably need some help.
I suggest only using hard plastic dolls for this, can't imagine trying to get the balloon over rubber legs...
But easy to make and still cute😉

A visual to show how to cut the balloons: 

 A better view for seeing the leg openings for Ken's bathing suit (lower right).
And please note: Barbie's top would be turned upside down for cutting from balloon.
For the one piece: cut leg holes and cut the rolled rubber top off of the balloon, then ~stretch~ it over the doll.

You only need 12" balloons in any color or design, both of these are from Dollar Tree. 
But I would imagine the RW&B ones will sell out soon.

Don't forget the kid dolls... I emptied a quart bottle of white vinegar (it's a great natural weed killer!) and thought it was the perfect size for a Barbie baby wading pool. I literally cut it down to the bottom ring on the bottle and trimmed the edge as neatly as possible. But what really tickles me about this idea are the baby bathing suits from balloons! Ha-ha, both for boys and girls:) Now, putting the skinny balloon bathing suits on the tiny dolls might require a little patience...
But they sure are cute😉

The type of balloon I used:

Tip for pictures:
You really can't see the water here,
I added one drop of blue liquid food coloring above and diluted it to a hue I liked.
PS-I know there are some folks out there that don't like to see naked Barbie dolls (any of the clan)...
Balloons would make easy, and inexpensive, underwear.

Make something just for fun and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Love the footballs! The star spangled balloon suits are so fun! Happy Saturday Lynn~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peanut butter foot balls pretty pretty cool! :) Barbie and Ken look like they're ready for the last blast of summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter footballs are a yummy treat. I’m craving macaroni salad. Thank you, Lynn! I’ll try your Amish version. My mom used to make it a lot and I’ll think of her. Barbie and Ken look quite the pair. I still need to go and get some Barbie dolls. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!