Saturday, May 15, 2021

Saturday ReView: Easy Three Seam Barbie Skirt & Sesame Grilled Pork Tenderloin

These simple Three Seam Elastic Waist Barbie Skirts whip up in no time! I've made a couple and think I might make more in solid colors so they go with any top or occasion, if you're trying to build an inexpensive doll wardrobe, this is a nice way to start. What I love about this most is, it only requires a 6" x 3-4" piece of scrap fabric. The variation being, you can make the skirt as long, or short, as you'd like (or using whatever amount of fabric you have for the length).

Supplies:
6" x 4" rectangle of thin fabric
4" long piece of 1/4" wide elastic

What I did:
  1. Fold top and bottom (6" sides) of fabric over about 1/4", crease with nail or iron.
  2. Sew 1/4" bottom hem.
  3. Pin elastic to center, then to each side of folded top.
  4. Place one end of elastic under presser foot, lower needle, Stretch elastic with both hands and stitch, removing pins before you get to them if desired. Ideally we'd use a zig-zag stitch which creates a waistband of sorts. If you're having difficulty with the zig-zag stitch (and I did), a straight stitch will work fine for this small doll garment.
  5. Fold so right sides are together and sew 1/4" back seam (creating a tube shape), back stitch top and bottom.
I think this pic gives a good idea of the procedure:
Bottom seam, stretch elastic and sew, then just fold in half and sew wrong sides together to create the skirt.
Turn right side out-done😀

I used the zig-zag stitch for the waistband on this one:

And this Grilled Sesame Pork Tenderloin goes way back to the early days of Pig In Mud:@)
The marinade is fantastic and it goes equally well with chicken, and I hear it's great with beef too.
I also share an extra flavorful tip that really works!

Let's fire up the grill and have a happy weekend:@)

5 comments:

  1. Barbie and Ken look so cute ready for fishing and a picnic! I use a similar marinade for pork and steak, sesame oil is magical stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie looks so happy and Ken (or is he a GI Joe?) seems to have an angry expression. Maybe he'll feel better after he has caught some fish. ;) Your pork tenderloin looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie’s outfit is so cute, and it just so happens that I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer. I think I just found the recipe that I want to use. Thanks, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbie is stylin' Lynn...love that watermelon print top :) Your tenderloin looks tasty too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Ken is trying to muscle Barbie out of the box - LOL. I have pork tenderloin in the freezer too, from the days last year when we were hoarding food :) Looks like the perfect recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!