Monday, May 21, 2012

Sesame Grilled Pork Tenderloin And A Flavorful Tip

Ya gotta love the pig folks! I usually buy the big pork loins when they go on sale so this only the second time I've actually made a tenderloin. The boys say it should be tenderloin from here on out. My oldest immediately said "man this is good", after a couple minutes I asked the youngest why he hadn't commented... He said he was too busy eating:@) I found this marinade at Rita's and it truly is a keeper!
Sesame Grilled Pork Tenderloin
The tip is from Alton Brown and really bumps up the flavor, after you mix the marinade reserve some (I say 2 Tblsp for a tenderloin). When you take the meat off the grill put it on a big piece of tin foil, drizzle the reserved marinade over the meat and wrap it up in the foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then it's Chow Time!

Sesame Marinade
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tblsp sugar
1 Tblsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder-I used garlic powder
2 Tblsp sesame oil
2 Tblsp Dijon mustard
3 Tblsp soy sauce
One pork tenderloin
  1. Combine all marinade ingredients, mix well. 
  2. Reserve 2 Tblsp of marinade, pour the rest over the meat, I used a zip top bag.
  3. Marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours, turning every once in a while-I gave it 5 hours and it had lots of flavor!
  4. Bring meat out of fridge at least 30 minutes before grilling it.
  5. Heat grill to hot. 
  6. Grill tenderloin, covered, over direct heat for 4 minutes, (think of it as having 4 sides) turn it upside down and grill for 4 minutes, turn it to an uncooked side for 4 minutes, then the last side for 4 minutes-no more than 16 minutes total. The meat temp should be about 140-145.
  7. Remove from grill and place on foil. Drizzle reserved marinade on top, fold up foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
  8. Slice and prepare to be amazed:@)
Notes:
  • Rita uses this marinade with (4) 3/4" pork chops or 4 strip steaks too.
  • The sesame oil and mustard make this a nice change from teriyaki (which is great to:@).
  • If you use charcoal and don't have a charcoal chimney do yourself a favor and get one! That is an amazing invention. No lighter fluid, just a couple pieces of newspaper in the bottom and it works like a charm! $8 at Walmart.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm joining:
On The Menu Monday
Rural Journal
Full Plate Thursday
Grill, BBQ & Picnic Party

31 comments:

  1. I love tenderloin and this recipe sounds great. As soon as it goes on sale, I'm grabbing it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn!
    I think the addition of sesame oil makes dishes so complex and extra delicious!What a fabulous idea to add it to a pork marinade! Pork and sesame oil seems like a great combo!
    This will be on my menu soon for sure! I love the idea of using it on steaks too. I bet it would taste wonderful on a flat steak!
    Thanks for joining ON THE MENU MONDAY with this yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm, this really sounds good, Lynn. We are getting really steak hungry so I will try this marinade.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two huge pork roasts in the freezer just begging to be cooked! I'm going to try your recipe! :)

    Wishing you a flavorful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous meal. The pork sounds succulent and truly delicious. I'll have to try the marinade. My family are big pork eaters and new recipes are always welcome. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gawd... don't do this to me. Totally salivating over this pork tenderloin and now I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pork tenderloin the best. Cooks up fast and is tender. Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had tenderloin this weekend also, but smoked it for hours in the smoker. We just used a dry rub and then bbq sauce the last little bit. I am definitely going to try this marinade next time. We love tenderloin and also stock up when it is on sale. Luckily, our Kroger puts them on sale fairly often so we try to keep at least one in the freezer. They make great leftovers for sandwiches later in the week. Amen to the charcoal chimney .... we have not used charcoal starter in years. The food is so much better as you get only pure grilled flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this sounds amazing. I'm going to send this recipe to my son in law, he is a great cook and griller! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah pork tenderloin is such a tasty piece of meat and this marinade sounds perfect.
    Thanks for visiting and your comment - I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love pork tenderloin and often get big ones at Costco and cook one half as a loin and slice the other side into chops. I sometimes marinate one in a can of beer, some honey and dijon mustard with fresh rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HUGE fans of the tenderloin here (although we love the loin too) -- I try to stock up when they go on sale. Your marinade looks wonderful -- love all-things sesame.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love the tenderloin but sometimes forget all about it...thanks for the reminder. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm...I can almost smell it. We love pork tenderloin and I'll try this marinade. I've bought them in the store already marinated, but they have a twang.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummmmmmm...thanks for the Marinade! Bet it would be good on pork chops, too! Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy, yummy looking, and the recipe sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yea! I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer right now wanting me to do something with it. This sounds perfect. So glad you like your Weber Smoky Joe...@ 8 bucks...what a deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I guess you were talking about the charcoal chimney. Whew, I was gonna say...to good to be true!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynn,
    Huge tenderloin fans here! You just can't go wrong with them. Truly delicious. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Prime rib has nothing on pork loin. This picture is so good I can taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to agree~ it's tenderloin only for us! I usually cheat and buy the prepackaged ones already in the marinade when they are on sale! Great tip from Alton, the sesame marinade does sound like a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh that sounds pretty yummy! i always keep a pork loin in the freezer. they seem to go on sale at kroger every other week. i buy a big one and cut it in half and freeze it. my husband makes really good pork tacos with them, or sometimes i cut them into slices and marinade then grill, or do fried, which is my boys favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It sounds and looks so yummy!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lynn,
    We just love a great Pork Tenderloin and the addition of the Sesame Oil is a great idea. This is a very flavorful recipe that we would really enjoy. Be sure and don't let "Earl" know what you are having for dinner. Hope you have a great holiday week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love pork tenderloin. This marinade sounds great! :D Thanks for including Alton Brown's tip. I will give it a try next time! I have bookmarked this page.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tell Earl to close his eyes! I eat pork sometimes, but I like seeing new recipes in hopes I'll come across a really great recipe to eat it more often. This may be it. Yours looks really juicy and delicious with the marinade. That's a great tip. Thanks for visitng the Grill, BBQ, and Grill Party!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This recipe sounds wonderful! I just made pork tenderloin too (don't tell Earl), but mine was in the oven, not the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh tht picture can make a girl drool! This looks like a wonderful recipe Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!