Sesame Grilled Pork Tenderloin
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tblsp sugar
1 Tblsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder-I used garlic powder
2 Tblsp sesame oil
2 Tblsp Dijon mustard
3 Tblsp soy sauce
One pork tenderloin
- Combine all marinade ingredients, mix well.
- Reserve 2 Tblsp of marinade, pour the rest over the meat, I used a zip top bag.
- Marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours, turning every once in a while-I gave it 5 hours and it had lots of flavor!
- Bring meat out of fridge at least 30 minutes before grilling it.
- Heat grill to hot.
- Grill tenderloin, covered, over direct heat for 4 minutes, (think of it as having 4 sides) turn it upside down and grill for 4 minutes, turn it to an uncooked side for 4 minutes, then the last side for 4 minutes-no more than 16 minutes total. The meat temp should be about 140-145.
- Remove from grill and place on foil. Drizzle reserved marinade on top, fold up foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and prepare to be amazed:@)
- Rita uses this marinade with (4) 3/4" pork chops or 4 strip steaks too.
- The sesame oil and mustard make this a nice change from teriyaki (which is great to:@).
- If you use charcoal and don't have a charcoal chimney do yourself a favor and get one! That is an amazing invention. No lighter fluid, just a couple pieces of newspaper in the bottom and it works like a charm! $8 at Walmart.