Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Slow Cooker Taco Potatoes

While these Slow Cooker Taco Potatoes won't make photo of the year, they are a nice easy side dish that won't heat up the house, and a great way to use up one or two potatoes. They go well with exactly what you'd think, any grilled meat or main dish that has a Mexican type flavor profile. ~Or~ you could do what I did... Add a spoonful of sour cream and call it lunch:@) I think the key to cooking cubed russet potatoes in the Crock Pot is to give them a good stir with a little olive oil.

I've given this my 'slow cooking fast' label, the potatoes were cut into about 3/4-1" chunks, 
I set the slow cooker to high and it took about 2 hours to cook.
I made 1/3 of the recipe in my 2 quart Crock Pot.

Slow Cooker Taco Potatoes-from Real House Moms
3 lbs red potatoes, quartered
1 oz envelope taco seasoning
2 Tblsp olive oil
2 Tblsp butter
1 Tblsp crushed red pepper flakes, can cut back-I just added a couple shakes
S&P to taste
  1. Spray large slow cooker with cooking spray.
  2. Add everything and stir.
  3. Cook on high 3-4 hours. Start testing potatoes at 3 hours for doneness.
  4. Salt to taste before serving.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

5 comments:

  1. What a great side dish, Lynn! You share the best recipes for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is different! I've got to show this to my "can't eat a meal without potatoes" son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound super tasty!! Lots of flavor, but I'd have a revolt on my hands if I used more than a pinch of red pepper flakes. Good call on reducing the amount :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of doing these in the slow cooker Lynn! Love your idea of lunch is the same as this potatoholic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My potato obsessed, vegetarian daughter would love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!