Monday, July 1, 2019

Heinz 57 Chicken, Zucchini and Pepper Shish-Kabobs

I love it when I'm looking for a little inspiration and something at the store jumps right out at me:@) These Heinz 57 Chicken, Zucchini and Pepper Ka-Bobs were adapted from a recipe on the back of the bottle called 57 Glazed Chicken. They are tangy, extremely flavorful, and the taste of this steak sauce is truly different than BBQ sauce, this might just become a new family favorite for grilling season! It would probably be really good with pork too.

I aimed for brushing the sauce on only the chicken but have to say...
It's pretty darn good on anything it touched, and you ~do~ want to make sure it touches the onion:@)

The recipe on the bottle of Heinz 57 I bought at Dollar Tree:

Heinz 57 Chicken, Zucchini and Pepper Shish-K-Bobs
  1. As grill heats up:
  2. Cut chicken, peppers and onions into 1" chunks. I cut the zucchini into 1/2" thick slices then cut them in half.
  3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper seasoning, mix well.
  4. Thread chicken and veggies onto skewers.
  5. Oil grate and grill over medium high heat for 4-6 minutes. 
  6. While kabobs are cooking mix 5 oz bottle Heinz 57 with 2 Tblsp honey. They suggest setting half aside to serve with meal, I just brushed it on the kabobs.
  7. Flip kabobs, grill for a couple more minutes, then liberally cover meat (and veggies if desired) with sauce. Cook until chicken is done.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to make a trip to my Dollar Tree! The Shish-k-bobs look delicious. Thanks for the inspiration, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! Kabobs are going on our menu this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound delish! Hope you are enjoying summer. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kebabs, on the menu for Friday! I don't know if I've ever had Heinz 57, I'll have to check it out! Happy 4th Lynn, keep that grill going!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grilled kabobs sound so go and just perfect to make for the 4th of July. Have a good week and enjoy the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my kind of meal! Looks delicious! Some of my favorite recipes come from the back of a product. This one sure sounds like a keeper. Thanks for sharing :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kabobs look delicious Lynn! I'll have to spend more time looking at the condiments next time I'm at Dollar Tree. Hope you had a great 4th and are staying cool. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds SO easy, right up my street!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!