Wednesday, July 3, 2019

French Cut Fresh Green Beans with Slivered Garlic and Lemon

I tossed a pack of flat Italian green bean seeds into a planter and while they grew, the beans didn't get as large, fat and happy as I'd hoped. So... I thought it would be fun to French Cut and Saute them with Slivered Garlic and a little Lemon. I kept this very fresh tasting by only cooking the green beans to al dente, and adding a little freshly squeezed lemon juice at the end. This was a ~very~ nice side dish folks:@)

Looks like a whole lotta healthy to me:@)
French Cut Fresh Green Beans with Slivered Garlic and Lemon
  1. Thinly slice green beans into ribbons.
  2. Slice garlic into long thin slivers, as much as you'd like-you know your crowd:@)
  3. Heat a little olive oil and butter in skillet. Add garlic and lightly saute, constantly stirring.
  4. Add green beans, a pinch of S&P and mix well.
  5. Add a tsp or two of water to skillet.
  6. Increase heat a little and cook until beans are al dente.
  7. Squeeze lemon juice into pan, cook for a minute, stir well and serve.
Let's enjoy those garden veggies and have a happy day:@)

5 comments:

  1. We have fresh green beans frequently and your recipe makes then extra special. I am wondering if our wet and cold spring had something to so with your beans not growing quite as well as you had hoped. I have been seeing photos on social media of gladiolas blooming but mine haven't even budded yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple, yet delicious recipe! I can't wait to try it on fresh green beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love garlic with green beans, Lynn! I’ll have to try a squeeze of lemon instead of my usual pat if butter. Happy 4th of July ♥️🇺🇸♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh green beans, especially sliced, this sounds wonderful Lynn...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a winning combination! Yumo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!