Monday, May 13, 2019

Retro Cream Cheese Stuffed Peach Salad for the Summer Holidays

I made Miz Helen's family version of this Retro Peach Salad and gave it a little summer holiday twist by adding some fun red, white and blue sprinkles. If you make it with pear halves you'd have a true RW&B dish! The peaches are sweet, cream cheese tangy and lettuce adds a little crisp crunch. This is a great idea for folks that don't bake but want to bring something a little sweet and refreshing to a party or BBQ. Don't hesitate to give this a try folks, I know my crew thought it was very good:@)

I wanted to be able to shape the cream cheese a bit, so I cut back on the peach juice and only used 1-2 tsp.
I used a cookie disher and love that it looks like little scoops of ice cream:@)

This side dish ~or~ light dessert is very affordable. 
I found the peaches at Dollar Tree and it's not unusual to find cream cheese for 67 cents a pack at Walmart. 

Retro Peach Salad-from Miz Helen's Kitchen
Lettuce for lining serving dish-I also added a few spinach leaves from my planter
29 oz can peach halves-could use pear halves and I'd imagine apricot halves would be good too
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tblsp sugar
3 Tblsp peach juice-I used 1-2 tsp
  1. Line serving dish with lettuce.
  2. I chose to fish my peaches out of the can and turn them upside down (pit side down) onto paper towels to drain a bit.
  3. Using mixer, add cream cheese, sugar and peach juice, mix until smooth and creamy.
  4. Fill center of peaches with cream cheese mixture.
  5. Chill at least two hours.
  6. Right before serving add sprinkles if desired.
Try a new (retro) treat and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Craftastic Monday
Wonderful Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty salad, Lynn! My mom used to fill pear halves filled that same way. Your use of sprinkles adds such a festive touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So festive Lynn! Love the sprinkles!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!