Monday, April 8, 2019

Root Beer Rye Bread -1 lb Bread Machine Recipe

I like root beer and just had to try this Root Beer Rye Bread recipe when I saw it. It's a dark, hearty bread with a deep rich flavor that begs for lots of butter. The original recipe isn't for a bread machine, but I adapted and scaled it down to a 1 lb loaf for our Sunday dinner. I will certainly be baking this one again, while there's no mistaking it's rye bread, the root beer and lack of caraway seeds make it a truly unique loaf of bread. Don't hesitate to give this one a try folks, I don't think you'll be disappointed:@)
You can click HERE for the original recipe that makes one oven baked loaf using a food processor.

Root Beer Rye Bread-adapted from The Iowa Housewife
2/3 C + 1 Tblsp root beer
2 Tblsp molasses
1 Tblsp butter, softened
1/2 C rye flour
1 1/3 C + 3 Tblsp A/P flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp yeast
~Add everything to bread machine in order, choose regular loaf and let 'er rip.

 Eat well and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun twist! I haven't baked yeast bread in a long time and this would be a yummy treat! P.S. Katie would love any excuse I have to buy root beer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old family recipe that is slightly different, add fennel or anise seeds and orange zest. It is amazing with Danish goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!