Wednesday, April 3, 2019

California Dip Deviled Eggs

Nosing around Pinterest one day I found an old 1965 Lipton Onion Soup advertisement and decided to try the California Dip Deviled Eggs. We liked the robust onion flavor with the deviled eggs and I added some extra celery for a nice big crunch. My only suggestion: Be careful with how much dip you use. The recipe calls for a cup, that's a lot, and sour cream is looser than mayonnaise, so the egg filling can get a little sloppy if too much dip is added... Not that there's anything wrong with that:@) If you have some extra onion dip leftover from Easter dinner, and I know you'll have some extra hard boiled eggs... This recipe is a nice change of pace from traditional deviled eggs.

The original ad:

Try something new and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. I'm liking the California onion dip vibe for the deviled eggs, Lynn. The steak recipe sounds pretty tasty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother always used to make a pot roast with Lipton Onion Soup mix and it was delicious. I think we'd love these deviled eggs and thanks so much for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, my deviled egg connoisseur, will love his eggs made this way! Fun retro recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so good Lynn! I can always count on you for a deviled egg recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!