Monday, April 1, 2019

Adobo and Lime Grilled Turkey Tenderloins with Asparagus

They were forecasting our first 75 degree Saturday and I told everyone at work I'd be grilling! And boy, these Adobo and Lime Grilled Turkey Tenderloins with Asparagus were a very nice way to fire up the grill for the first time this season:@) I kept it very simple, literally using nothing more than Adobo seasoning, lime, pepper and some olive oil. In a perfect world my asparagus would be a little thicker, but for $1.49/lb... I'll gladly use whatever's available. If you haven't tried turkey tenderloins folks, they are very nice and grill up beautifully. I used a grill pan for this meal, but this cut of meat is perfect for kabobs too.
I think this flavor combination would also be great with chicken or pork.

The Adobo seasoning I used:

 Adobo and Lime Grilled Turkey Tenderloins with Asparagus
1 lb turkey tenderloins, cut diagonally 1/2 thick by about 1" long
1 lb asparagus, cut into pieces
zest of whole lime
juice of half of the lime, reserve the other half
1 1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning
1 Tblsp olive oil
several hearty grinds of black pepper
vegetable oil for grill pan
  1. Place turkey and asparagus on counter.
  2. Grate lime zest into bowl, squeeze half of the lime into bowl, add Adobo seasoning, olive oil and pepper, stir.
  3. Add turkey and asparagus to bowl, mix well with marinade and set aside.
  4. Place grill pan on grill and heat to medium high.
  5. Rub grill pan with vegetable oil, toss turkey and asparagus into pan, spread out into single layer.
  6. Cover and grill medium high for 5 minutes. 
  7. Open cover, stir, try to get second side of meat placed towards flame to char. Set timer for 3 minutes or cook until desired level of doneness.
  8. Remove from grill, let sit for a minute then squeeze the other half of the lime over meat and asparagus.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. Now this sounds like I could have this on my keto way of eating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO into easy dinner recipes these days and this is perfect. We got snow on Saturday and hoping better grilling weather shows up SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and keto! Double win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when you share some of your favorite seasonings, Lynn. This meal sounds so easy, which I'm loving. I'll look for a turkey tenderloin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Adobo! Usually buy the chipotle chilis in adobo sauce. This sounds great, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Lynn! What an easy and delicious meal with for the grill!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!