Monday, April 29, 2019

Arroz con Dulce -Rice Pudding with Coconut Milk

This Arroz con Dulce would be a great dessert/treat for Cinco de Mayo. It's been on the blog since 2010 and I've made it a few times now, this is truthfully the best rice pudding I've ever had! Coconut milk, cloves and ginger give it exotic flavor and it's nice and creamy. While I still don't know what I'm making for dinner this Sunday (May 5th), I do know this will be dessert:@)
You can find my other Cinco de Mayo recipes HERE.

Arroz con Dulce
3 C water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp whole cloves
1 Tblsp crushed fresh ginger
(1) 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
1 C regular, uncooked, short-grain rice
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C raisins
  1. Add water, salt, cloves and ginger to a deep sauce pan, Bring to a boil, sieve through a colander to remove spices. 
  2. Bring water to a boil again. Add coconut milk, rice and sugar. Cook covered over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes. Add raisins. Cook uncovered until the rice has absorbed all of the water (about 20 minutes more).
  3. Cooking times may vary.
Happy Cinco de Mayo Planning-enjoy:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this has to be one of my favorite recipes!
    This looks yummy!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh perfect choice for dessert for Cinco de Mayo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coconut milk and spices sound delicious in this rice pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious Lynn! Love the glass you're serving it in too. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!