Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Creamy Gummy Fish (or Bears) Candy -Low Carb using Sugar Free Jello

Calling for only three ingredients, this Creamy Gummy Candy is a very tasty, fun, low carb treat! While gummy bears might not be the first candy ~I personally~ reach for... I knew they are a favorite of my sons, and they loved this candy! And I have to say, I do think it's really good too. You can find actual gummy bear silicone molds on Amazon, I just picked up a fun silicone fish ice cube tray at Walmart for 98¢.
  •  The original post just says to "heat the cream"... I suggest keeping the stove to medium and do not let the cream boil, once it feels hot to the touch add your gelatins.
  • I bought the Walmart brand of unflavored gelatin, those envelopes are 7 grams each, I used two and it worked out fine.
  • Some candy molds are sold with droppers to make filling each cavity easier. I picked up a turkey baster for 25¢ after Christmas... While still a little sloppy, it worked!
  • Oh, and in case you're curious... My old buddy Earl says (remember Earl?) they do sell pig candy molds too:@)

Creamy Gummy Candy-from Keto thread on Reddit
4 serving size sugar free Jello
1 C heavy whipping cream
15g unflavored gelatin-my envelopes were 7g each, 14g worked fine
  1. Heat cream over medium heat, do not boil.
  2. Add gelatins, mix well and stir constantly while filling molds.
  3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (longer is better) before popping out of molds. 
  4. Store colors/flavors separately in air tight container(s) in fridge.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Share Your Cup Thursday
Meal Plan Monday
What to do Weekends
Tip Me Tuesday

10 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I started my low carb diet yesterday! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh interesting. I need to try this for the hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be so fun to make with my grands, Lynn! I must make this at cooking camp in the summer. I'll be on the look out for fun molds. Yes, I remember Earl and I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for a low carb treat! The options are endless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew you could make your own gummies? So fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to see Earl back Lynn, especially wearing his chef hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are too fun. I just love the molds. The pigs are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!