Monday, October 12, 2015

Candy Corn Deviled Eggs

I like to come up with a new Halloween idea each year and thought these Candy Corn Deviled Eggs would be fun and easy! After all, two of the colors are a no-brainer:@) The orange can be achieved with a little food dye. And while I know my colors aren't stacked in the exact order... I can deal with that (she says with a mouth full of deviled egg). Using disposable icing bags makes layering the colors easy.
You'll need to boil a few extra eggs for the yolks, the extra whites can be added to macaroni or potato salad, 
or I'm sure the dog would love a treat too!
No involved instructions folks, simply mix up your favorite deviled egg recipe and separate a little of the yolk mixture to dye orange. Pipe the yellow in and then use a smaller tip for the orange trying to make the top a little pointy. I thought they turned out cute:@)

You can find links to ideas from years past ~HERE~
My method for foolproof hard boiled eggs can be found HERE

18 comments:

  1. CUTE deviled eggs Lynn, love the candy corn colors! All your fun eggs make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eggs are so cute and I love how you've swirled the tops. A real Halloween winner.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the queen of deviled eggs Lynn! These are adorable! I can never remember what the color order is so I wouldn't have noticed anyway~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them too. I boiled eggs yesterday.....but they weren't as creative as yours! How neat! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! You have great ideas for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh, this is so creative! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. too funny. mixing 'candy' with deviled eggs seems like setting your tastebuds up for confusion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well the Queen of Deviled Eggs has done it again! These candy corn deviled eggs are beyond cute, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea and I do love some deviled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! I always seem to focus on Halloween desserts and you've inspired me to shake things up a bit---Bill would love these (though he'd ask exactly what made them orange :)).

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the reasons I like you, Lynn...deviled eggs for every season/holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's the kind of "candy corn" I'd eat. Love deviled eggs and those are so cute! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another good one. What is it about devilled eggs that I can't resist. I always eat a couple at the kitchen counter while making them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG these are too cute! How clever! I am serving these at my Halloween party! Pinned!

    Visiting via Full plate Thursday!

    Trisha @ Home Sweet Homemade

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've come up with another winner, Lynn! They are adorable. I may have to whip some up for a Thanksgiving appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever idea!! Thank you for sharing it. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!