- I do cut the chipotle in half and remove all the seeds and membrane I can. It's the smoky adobo sauce that brings the flavor. Small dice the chipotle, I thought it would break up more in the PC but it didn't.
- Individually freeze extra chipotles with sauce, wrap in plastic wrap and store them in a zip top bag or Mason jar in the freezer.
- I prefer dried minced onion instead of fresh anytime I use either a fast cooker (PC) or slow cooker. 2 Tblsp in place of one big onion works for me and I get a pretty good size container of dried at the Dollar Store.
- The 45 minutes above includes 35 minutes of actual cooking time plus the approx time it took the PC to come up to pressure.
- This recipe makes two-three very hearty bowls of soup and freezes well.
1 frozen chicken breast-I had mammoth ones, so I only used half of the breast
3 C water, stock or broth-I used water and a tsp of Chicken Better Than Bullion
2 Tblsp dried minced onion or one large onion diced
1 tsp garlic powder or 2-3 large cloves minced
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped, seeded if desired
15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
S&P to taste
Lime for serving
- For the pressure cooker-add everything except black beans, S&P and lime, set to 35 minutes (I just made another soup and only set the PC for 28 minutes and it worked well, so I'll use less time going forward). If you have the time let the pressure come down naturally, if not use automatic release. Shred chicken and return to pot, add beans and S&P to taste, heat through. Serve with a hearty squirt of lime juice.
- For stove top-add a little olive oil to pot, saute onion for 5 minutes, then garlic for 1 minute. Add liquid and chicken, cook until tender. Dice chicken, return to pot, add beans and S&P to taste, heat through. Serve with a hearty squirt of lime juice.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)