First up, hominy. Did I just hear a gasp from the south??? Yep, never had it, until I made this great 20 Minute Chipotle Chicken Pozole Soup from Bloggy Buddy Kitty. Now, this soup isn't Home Coming Queen beautiful, but there is something about this spicy treat that makes you keep going back for "just one more spoonful"... And everyone dealing with extreme temperatures and snow right now, I guarantee this will warm you up nicely!
20 Minute Chipotle Chicken Pozole Soup-from Kitty's Kozy Kitchen
1/4 cup olive oil-I used a drizzle
2 onions, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped-I did remove all the seeds I could find
4 (15-oz.) cans hominy, drained and rinsed-I didn't have enough hominy so I added some frozen corn
2 (32-oz) containers low-sodium chicken broth
1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded
S&P to taste
Toppings:-use any you'd like
Cilantro leaves, minced
Crushed tortilla chips
- Saute onions in olive oil, stirring until softened, about five minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add chipotles and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in hominy and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken and S&P, cover pot to heat through. Serve with assorted toppings.
Stay warm and have a happy day:@)My New Foods List:
(If my sons happen to read this... relax! I still promise