- The dress only requires a 6"x6" square of fabric.
- Press the top and bottom under 1/4", hem.
- Turn the fabric wrong side out and wrap it around the doll, pin it closed, then use pins for the bust dart placement (pinch the fabric at the waist long ways under each boob so the dart runs up and down). You'll sew a crescent shaped seam for each dart, approx 1" long. Widest at the waist, running off the fabric at bust line and hip.
- Optional-Then I sewed the ruffle apron/peplum where her waist is. It only takes about 4" of ruffle.
- Fold right sides together and sew a 1/4" seam 3" from the bottom up the back, back stitch. (If you add the apron/peplum be sure to catch the edges of the ruffle in this seam.)
- Fold the rest of the fabric on each side over 1/4", I used a 1/4" wide strip of velcro the whole length of the opening. If you're using snaps hem each side before sewing them on.
- The picture tutorial HERE is a good one! ~And poof... off the internet:@(
Barbie hopes Kathleen doesn't mind that she's crashing the St. Patty's Day Blog Crawl Party...
Especially since she promises to bring the corned beef and cabbage:@)
Don't we all look this fabulous at the stove???