1lb fresh string beans, preferably yellow and green mixed, washed and trimmed
3 cloves garlic
2 Tblsp capers, drained
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
- Boil beans in salted water until crisp/tender, about 6 minutes-I steamed mine.
- Chop the garlic and capers together.
- Add the zest of the lemon and mash everything into a paste-as best you can... They didn't mention adding a sprinkle of salt first, I'd try that next time.
- Saute in olive oil 2 minutes-I used at least 1 Tblsp of oil, if it looks dry (and probably will) add more.
- Add the lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add the string beans and toss until well covered-about 2 minutes.
- Season with S&P.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)
(If my sons happen to read this... relax! I still promise