The apples keep it very moist and as long as you cool it well first, you should be able to make nice slices. But I see nothing wrong with simply scooping this out of the baking dish into a bowl and topping it with ice cream-just sayin':@)
1/2 C butter, melted and cooled a bit
1 C sugar
3 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (approx 5 cups)
1/2 C chopped walnuts-optional
1 C A/P flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Beat together butter, sugar and egg until fluffy.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until just blended.
- Fold in the apples and nuts if using.
- Spread batter into greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.