Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pig Alert! Christmas Decorations

Pigs at Christmas! They're not just for... well, um... dinner any more:@) I've shared this German Christmas saying before: wir haben Schwein, which means "we have good luck", and pigs are the symbol of good luck and abundance in many cultures. So, how are folks making pigs a part of their holiday festivities? Let's see:

A great vintage Candy Mold turned into an ornament HERE.

Pig Lights from Bronner's HERE. I think these would be great for the patio of a Grill Master:@)

A fun, silly Tree Topper:@) I missed the link back...

Pike Place Market in Seattle has Pigs Pulling Santa's Sleigh on the roof!

Had to add this Ugly Christmas Sweater-too funny!

My personal favorite, the Table Runner my sons gave me a few years ago.
And the silly song I made up for it... Sung to the tune of Jingle Bells:
Squealing Thru The Snow
Squealing thru the snow,
One silly elf on a pig,
O'er the fields we go,
Laughing at this gig!
Bells on curly tail ring,
Spirits make things bright,
What fun it is to laugh and sing,
A pig riding song tonight!
~~~~oh~~~~
Jingle [snort] bells, Jingle [snort] bells,
Jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to ride,
One holiday pig this day!
Everybody join in...

And of course there are many different ornaments to choose from.
Here's wishing you a joyous festive season...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone,
and enjoy your Christmas decorating and planning:@)

23 comments:

  1. als dit geen geluk brengt???nou maar in ieder geval wel heel veel plezier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Lynn! I love your table runner, and I never knew there were so many possibilities for pig decor! What a collection, I think you need those pig lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. All the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vintage mold is gorgeous and the runner is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage mold. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pig items but your table runner is for sure my favorite! Now I'll have that song in my head all morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahahahahaha! you are having too much fun! Gobble gobble
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynnie! You're a hoot and that's why I love you! Love all of the piggy things. Tell Earl we don't eat ham (not!) :) Have a happy Thanksgiving.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your piggies! :) Looks like you have a real theme there! Ha! And, I wouldn't say that's an ugly sweater, it's cute! Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just love your pig alert posts. happy thanksgiving, earl and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of the little piggies that you find...you actually have me noticing them as I am out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jingle snort bells! You crack me up!

    p.s . They really are good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the smiles and the fun, holiday jingle. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love Christmas Pigs! I used to collect pigs years ago and one of the gifts I received was a stuffed pig wearing a Santa Hat and a scarf. I still put him out every year. Love that ugly sweater!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your pig Christmas items - I have seen some - would love to buy them for you - but $$$$ - so sending them to you in my dreams! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what piggy fun!!! I want to have a peppermint pig this year. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I hope you're having turkey rather than ham!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynn, Love your squealing thru the snow :) Wishing you and Earl a Delicious Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many cute pig items. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  20. DELIGHTFUL! Always fun to stop by your blog. Love the pigs..a pig tree topper? Oh my goodness.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet! I've been collecting pigs since I was about 8 years old... my husband just picked up a big one (about a foot square) at the second hand store the other day... *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy Thanksgiving! ¤

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute, Lynn! I love the pigs on the roof in Seattle. The pig tree lights are pretty cool too. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!