As usual I started with a great detailed tutorial HERE and kinda veered off in my own direction...
- One thing I read over and over was "keep the stitches loose", I echo that.
- I used bags that all came from one store so the colors worked together. I did start another bag using all different colors from different stores and it didn't take long to see that was, um... really ugly!
- For this bag I chose an N hook and worked most of it in half double crochet, the very top and handle was double crochet. The tutorial uses a K hook.
- I do recommend two handles for stability (one on each side) instead of one across the middle.
- I'd say the bag is great for medium weight items and can carry a decent amount of things, it does stretch.
- Want a beach bag that the sand can be shaken out of and then hosed down? I think this would work...
- When the bag gets too beaten up and dirty, simply drop it into the recycling bin at the supermarket.