I've made a few of Coleen's recipes and gotta say, this one's another keeper!
Don't hesitate to make this Grown-Up Sloppy Joe folks, my sons and I loved it.
Chuck Roast Sloppy Joes-from Coleen's Recipes
2 lbs lean chuck roast, trim any extra fatty areas
1 C onion, chopped-I used 3 Tblsp dried onion flakes
2/3 C celery, chopped
2/3 C green bell pepper, chopped
2/3 C ketchup
1/2 C water
2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp mustard powder
- Brown beef in frying pan and add to slow cooker.
- In same pan cook veggies until onion is almost translucent. Add to slow cooker.
- Mix everything else in a bowl and pour over meat/veggies.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours-I used 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it's done cooking add a slurry of 1 Tblsp corn starch mixed with 1 Tblsp water to thicken the sauce.
- When meat is done either slice or shred (my preference) and return it to the sauce.
- Serve over buns and enjoy!