Cream cheese and refried beans mellow the Rotel very nicely.
It's great hot and equally good at room temp, perfect party food!
While this might not be the most colorful of recipes, guys will think it's a work of art:@)
5 slices bacon, fully cooked
(1) 16 oz can refried beans
*(1) 10 oz can Rotel, drained well
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 C cheddar, shredded
- Cook bacon till crisp, remove from pan to paper towel, cool and crumble. Set aside.
- Add beans, drained Rotel and cream cheese to skillet. Heat and stir until cream cheese melts.
- Pour bean mixture into 9" pie plate, top with shredded cheese and bacon.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and sliced veggies.
- *It calls for Hot Diced Tomato with Habenaro Rotel... Not in my world folks. I used regular, if you like it extra hot-enjoy!
- They don't specify if we should drain the bacon fat before adding the beans... I chose to pour most of it out and left about two teaspoons.
- This is another recipe that I think the leftovers (if there are any) would be great on a bagel.