I will be making this often and highly recommend it!
Bean and Bacon Soup-from For the Love of Cooking
4 slices bacon-go ahead and add a couple more slices, you know you want to:@)
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
3 (15oz) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
4 C chicken broth
2 Tblsp parsley, minced-I didn't add this
- Fry bacon in large dutch oven until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels and set aside.
- Over medium heat add carrot, celery and onion to the bacon fat and saute for about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for a minute stirring constantly. Season with S&P.
- Add 2 cans beans, bay leaf and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots and celery are soft.
- Uncover and remove bay leaf. Mash some of the beans until the soup thickens slightly.
- Stir in the last can of beans, parsley and bacon, heat through.
- Re-season with S&P if necessary and enjoy.
- I'll probably add a couple shakes of celery seed the next time.
- I'd rather mash the beans before putting them into the pot, just my personal preference.
- My boys gave me a bunch of flavored salts to play with-thanks guys! I did use a Smoked Salt because I had it-very nice!
- This soup will freeze well.
Link it up Thursday
It's A Keeper Thursday
Full Plate Thursday
Also joining SoupaPalooza:
“Come join SoupaPalooza at TidyMom and Dine and Dish sponsored by KitchenAid,Red Star Yeast and Le Creuset”