Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Pepperoncini Pickled Eggs -No Brainer Recipe

Ok folks, it's that time of the year for a recipe you either can't wait to see, or ,well, I guess would rather not:@) Yep, it's time for my latest pickled egg recipe to help use up those Easter Eggs. This year I took another super simple short cut and made some Pepperoncini Pickled Eggs. Simply add peeled hard boiled eggs to the brine in a jar of pepperoncini. Yep, use the standard jar of peppers you can get anywhere from the supermarket, to Walmart, to Dollar Tree. And wow, after less than a week, I had some very flavorful, pretty, yellow pickled eggs. They are salty and vinegary with just the slightest hint of peppers. Also wanted to mention, these are the first eggs I've made where the outside got a little puckered while brining.
Some folks let them marinate for up to three weeks before eating.
That's up to you.
I seem to like my eggs after about 3-5 days.
The pic above is at day four.

The 12 oz jar just after I packed 3 eggs into it:
They weren't as pretty as these pepperoncini eggs.
Tasty... But kinda green:@)
you can click here to see the different varieties I've made.

Pepperoncini Pickled Eggs
Remove peppers from jar, add to clean bowl/plate. Drop peeled hard boiled egg into jar. Add a few peppers, drop in another egg. Add more peppers and egg(s). Press down after each addition, making sure everything is under brine. You will need to pour off some of the brine. End by topping with peppers to help push eggs under liquid. Add lid, store in refrigerator at least 3 days before eating.

Let's use up those dyed Easter eggs and have a happy day🐣

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I mighty try this in bigger jar? Maybe with two bottles of peppers, for more eggs. Thanks for your note, I'm still at my son's hopeful to go back this weekend, basement is basically gone at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea pickling eggs in the pepperoncini jar!! I love pickled eggs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!