Slightly crisp, yet melt in your mouth, with great peanut butter flavor.
Please note that some of the candies will crack in the oven.
I had to buy a new cookie press and thought I'd tell you about the one I chose. I found this Kuhn Rikon press at HomeGoods and do recommend it. The cookies aren't quite as big as the ones I made with my old metal Mirro and it doesn't hold as much dough, but the one click per cookie feature works well-
I'm very happy with this purchase!
Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies
1/2 C shortening (I use 1/4 C shortening, 1/4 C butter)
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
- Cream shortening (butter), peanut butter and sugars.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Sift dry into wet, mix well.
- Load press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets (do not use non-stick cookie sheets). Decorate with candy, colored sugar, etc.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes, till just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Makes approximately 70 cookies.