Saturday, November 9, 2013

Easy 5 Minute Chef's Hat and Apron for Barbie

This one's near and dear to my heart folks! Barbie likes to spend time in the kitchen too... So let's whip up a super simple 5 Minute Chef's Hat and Apron! I've had a little ruffle remnant for years, it's about 2 1/2" wide and was perfect for this quick project! The neat thing about this ruffle is, it really doesn't fray. It also comes in other colors so that could be fun too.

  I decided to use velcro instead of ties for the apron.

Lovin' the cute top of the hat!

The ruffle I used... 

For the Hat:
  1. Cut a piece of ruffle 5" long. 
  2. Putting the right sides of the material together, sew a 1/4" seam along the cut edges, back stitching both ends. 
  3. While still inside out, run a hand sewn gathering stitch (about every 1/4") along the very top of the hat (actually the bottom of the ruffle). Gather and tie a knot.
  4. Turn hat to the right side and "puff" it out-done!
For the Apron:
  1. Cut a piece of ruffle 5" long.
  2. About 1" from each edge, cut the ruffle fabric up to the waistband, but don't cut the waistband. Then carefully trim off that fabric so it looks like an apron instead of a skirt.
  3. Sew a piece of velcro to each side of the waistband for closure-done!
  4. Option: You could sew a ribbon into the waist band if you'd like a tie closure.


Now Barbie's ready to do some holiday baking!
Someone please get her a chocolate chip cookie, gotta fatten that girl up a bit...

19 comments:

  1. so very cute!!! you're a wiz in the kitchen and with crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only you could make turkey deviled eggs that were recognizable... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie, the Chef...really cute, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I just gave my daughter all her Barbies I had kept for years including the one I had as a girl! If we have a Grandgirl maybe she will play with them someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely lady.
    It's been a long time no see. Barbie the chef is so cute you have a lot of talented you know! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're as bad as me, when it comes to throwing scraps away! LOL What a DARLING little set this made & such a CUTE ornament, too!!

    Wish I'd seen those cookie cutters when I was at Wally World on Thurs. I'll have to go back. Thanks so much for telling us about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable chef hat, that Barbie has quite the wardrobe Lynn! I'm glad to know Barbie likes to bake, she must share most of her treats to keep her girlish figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, you have to be the best doll clothes maker ever! I can't wait until my granddaughter is old enough to play with dolls!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable!

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great job! I remember when I was little my mom used to make barbie clothes for me! So fun!
    I would love it if you linked up with our party this week!
    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/11/awesome-things-tuesday-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute! I will have to make one for sure. Just pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this!?? Barbie's chef's outfit is perfect. I hope she's being your sous chef and not just trying to make a fashion statement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness!! This is the cutest...I can't wait to make this for my daughter. She has an apron and hat for herself and I know she'll be so excited to have one for her doll too. Thank you so much for sharing these adorable outfits on Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable, Lynn! I have my daughter's Barbie dolls here for my granddaughter. She's only 3 so she's not playing with them too much yet, but I'm going to pin this post so I can come back to it and make this for her. I even have this ruffle and some scraps of it! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My oldest daughter played with Barbie daily as a child. She would take her socks and make clothes for her dolls. Love this post, it brought back fond memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!