Monday, December 4, 2023

Spice Gumdrop Gingerbread Spritz Cookies

I've made many variations of spritz cookies through the years but haven't found a recipe I really liked for gingerbread. So I'm working on my own:@) These Spice Gumdrop Gingerbread Spritz are robustly flavored and the piece of gumdrop not only adds an extra burst of spice, but a chewy element too. And I think it would be pretty on a cookie tray... I combined bits and pieces from a few different recipes, and adjusted to taste. They ended up pretty darn good! But that doesn't mean I won't keep tweaking...

Gorgeous using a flower disc.
I believe this is the sunflower disc from my Oxo set.

Spice Gumdrop Gingerbread Spritz
1 C brown sugar
1 C salted butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 C molasses
2 Tblsp milk
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg-I'll try more next time
3 C A/P flour
Spiced gumdrops cut onto three pieces horizontally
  1. Cream brown sugar and butter.
  2. Beat in egg well.
  3. Mix in molasses well. 
  4. Mix in milk.
  5. Mix in spices.
  6. Mix in flour.
  7. Fill press and press cookies onto ungreased, not non-stick cookie sheets. 
  8. Press 1/3 gumdrop into center of each cookie. Prettiest cookies use the sugared ends of gumdrop.
  9. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until done.
  10. Remove to a cooling rack.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I’m partial to spicy cookies, Lynn, and will have to give these a try. They really did turn out pretty with that disk and the gumdrop on top. Thanks for continuing to tweak the recipe. Hope you have a great week. 🎄

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!