Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Orange Glazed Carrots with Prunes

I love side dishes and I'm always looking for new ways to make them, especially for special occasions. These Orange Glazed Carrots with Prunes are pretty and pretty darn tasty:@) They come together fairly quickly, and the liquids create a shiny glaze. The recipe calls for olive oil, I'm sure butter would be a great substitution if desired. I like the look and think they'd be a very nice addition to any holiday table.

Orange Glazed Carrots with Prunes-Tzimmes -from All Recipes
12 large carrots, peeled, 1/2" slices
3 C orange juice
1/3 C sugar-can cut back considerably
1/3 C olive oil
2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
2 tsp freshly grated ginger-I used dried equivalent
2 C pitted dried prunes, quartered
S&P to taste
  1. In large skillet or 5 quart pot over medium heat, cook carrots in orange juice, sugar, olive oil, lemon zest and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally until carrots are tender 15-20 minutes. The liquids will evaporate and create a glaze.
  2. Stir in prunes and salt and pepper to taste.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I love glazed carrots! I like the idea of cooking them in orange juice. Happy weekend, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!