Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno

I planned to try a variation of this Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce as soon as I saw it in Food Network Magazine. Love me some 'penos, and as always, I cleaned them really well, so mine is all pepper flavor, not a ton of heat. Want more heat? Leave some of the membrane and seeds, you know your crowd:@) There is an extra pop of flavor, and I'm thinking this would be ~amazing~ with leftover turkey sandwiches. 
I do think this is best the day it's made.
Recipe is easily halved.


Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce-adapted from Food Network Magazine
1 C sugar
1 Tblsp grated ginger-I used 1/2 tsp ginger powder
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
zest and juice of an orange-I used 2 mounded Tblsp orange juice concentrate
12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries, washed and picked through
zest of small lemon, plus 1 Tblsp juice
Pinch Kosher salt-I forgot to add this
  1. Heat sugar, ginger, jalapeno and orange over medium heat, bring to simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
  2. Add cranberries and cook until they pop, about 10-20 minutes. I used a potato masher. If it looks too dry add a little water, I did not need to.
  3. Remove from heat, stir in lemon zest and juice, add pinch of salt and let cool completely.
Eat well and have a happy day :@)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds terrific! Bill won't eat anything with cranberries (big surprise, right?) so adding a little heat isn't a problem. Have a great weekend, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!