Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Barbie's Thanksgiving 2023 -*Friends* Inspired Barbie Turkey Hat

Barbie has been, shall we say... Hard at work preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. She says it's always best to taste test the wine, you know, to make sure it's perfect for your guests:@) They are only expecting a few friends to dine with this year, unlike the full house of years past...

The list of prep is long, but she has already whipped up the deviled eggs, and coleslaw ingredients are at the ready.

A pretty lattice top apple pie is cooling off, while the turkey is just about ready to go into the oven. The timeline is written out, and recipes near by. Barbie would like to remind us all though, the most important ingredients are to keep it light and fun, remembering that it's all a labor of love
DIY's: 
Deviled eggs are craft clay, painted and glued to a large button. 
Pie is masking tape folded in half, cut into strips and woven. I added a cotton ball to a Barbie size plate, glued the 'crust' to the plate and colored it lightly with a brown colored pencil. 
Pot is a recycled laundry scoop, washed and spray painted. 
Mattel turkey was in a grab bag of thrift store rescues:@)
Thanksgiving Posts: 

I had to laugh when I saw a *Friends* display of turkey hats at Walmart, and then I thought... I wonder if I can make one for Barbie? I had hoped to create a tutorial, but honestly folks, this project got away from me quickly... So I'll just share the silly pics, and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving:@)

My Inspiration:

Ken asks, drumstick anyone???

🦃Happy Thanksgiving Week:@)

2 comments:

  1. I am always in awe at your Barbie displays, Lynn. I wish Harper and Hayden could see all these for real! Your creativity is amazing and that turkey hat is absolutely adorable. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your boys, and Barbie and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stitch LYNN, and have a happy Thanksgiving, I will have to file this for next year, no time for the dolls until next week!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!