Monday, October 16, 2023

Jack-O-Lantern Refried Bean Dip & Red October Pumpkin

What I love about this super cute Jack-O-Lantern Refried Bean Dip is, you can make it as large, or small, as you'd like:@) As a point of reference, mine is on a standard 10" dinner plate. This would be cute for a Halloween party, or as a snack for spooky movie night... It's served at room temperature, so no worries about having to heat it up. But, if there happens to be leftovers, mix it all together, heat in microwave and roll it in a flour tortilla. Good stuff folks. 

What I did:
  1. Spread refried beans (either canned or homemade) into a thick pumpkin shape on serving dish. Don't forget to make a stem... I used homemade but would guess this is about 28 oz.
  2. I made ridges in the beans with the back of a spoon so I could spoon salsa into them. Carefully add salsa.
  3. I started with finely grated yellow cheddar cheese and gave it a rough chop. Carefully place on raised part of pumpkin.
  4. Chop black olives and add as eyes, nose and mouth.
  5. If you need to neaten things up a bit, use the tip of a knife to help nudge cheese and olives around.
  6. Add chopped chives, or anything green to stem.
  7. Serve with tortilla chips.
Another option...
Back in 2014 I made a Graveyard Bean Dip:

A cute, and fairly healthy munchie...

And I had to share my Jack-O-Lantern:
Pumpkin is from my son's garden.
Red October:@) 
GO PHILLIES!!!

🎃Make something just for fun, and
Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. You are so clever with that timely pumpkin shaped bean dip! Your Phillies pumpkin is perfect and homegrown from your son’s garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!