Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Mexican Macaroni Salad

As soon as I saw that this Mexican Macaroni Salad called for a can of mixed vegetables (which I already had on-hand), I just had to try it. The addition of ham made it more of a lunch salad, and of course the pickled jalapenos caught my eye too:@) My honest thoughts... I was hoping it would knock my socks off, it did not. But~I did find it tastier the next day, and it truly does need S&P folks. Overall, I say, if you have a can of veggies and a little leftover ham, give it a try. It had a big write-up at TofH, and you may just love it. 
Recipe easily cut in half.

Mexican Macaroni Salad-from Taste of Home
2 C dry macaroni, cooked and cooled under running water, drain well
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/2 C sour cream
1 Tblsp juice from jar of pickled jalapenos
3/4 tsp ground mustard
S&P to taste-it needs salt
2 C fully cooked cubed ham
14.5 oz can mixed vegetables, drained well
1/3 C pickled jalapenos, sliced
~Mix everything, cover and store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!