Monday, June 12, 2023

Lemon Jello Poke Cake with Cool Whip and Fresh Strawberries

I wanted to whip up this Lemon Jello Poke Cake while the garden is still producing strawberries. I've seen a million poke cakes but really don't recall seeing one with lemon? And believe it or not, I've never made one before... So this was a fun, and very tasty, little treat:@) I also kept it old school by using a Cool Whip topping too. Lemon goes well with strawberry, and you really can't go wrong with this colorful cake folks. And since the cake is stored in the refrigerator, I think this is a perfect summer dessert, served nice and cold.
When's the last time you made a poke cake?

Lemon Jello Poke Cake with Cool Whip Topping and Fresh Strawberries
  1. White cake mix, prepared and baked per package directions. Poke holes in cooled cake with handle of wooden spoon.
  2. Mix four serving size Lemon Jello with 1 C boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Slowly pour over cake, aiming for the holes.
  3. Place in refrigerator at least one hour, longer is better.
  4. Serve with Cool Whip topping and sliced fresh strawberries.
Enjoy a slice of cake and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

  1. Lynn, this lemon cake sounds great for summer with strawberries and whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a great summer dessert, Lynn. I happen to be a Cool Whip fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved when my mom made a poke cake! The combo of lemon served with strawberries sounds terrific!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!