Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Fresh Green Beans with Onion & Tomato Paste

I happened to have some beans from the garden in the fridge, and I'm always looking for new ways to make them, so these Green Beans with Onion and Tomato caught my eye. I'm glad they did:@) This is an easy recipe that adds just a little something different with the concentrated tomato paste. I encourage you to try the recipe as written, but do see a couple things that might make it a tad better... Next time I'll sub bacon fat for the olive oil, and I do believe a couple tsp of sugar wouldn't hurt... Yep folks, this will be on the Sunday dinner menu with my next batch of string beans!

Tip: I freeze extra tomato paste in approximate 1 Tblsp amounts. Then I can just add it to recipes as needed.

Green Beans with Onion and Tomato-from Taste of Home
Large onion, chopped
2 Tblsp olive oil-subbing bacon fat might be nice:@)
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, and cut if desired
3 Tblsp tomato paste
S&P to taste
2 Tblsp fresh parsley, minced-optional
  1. In large skillet, cook onion in olive oil until translucent and beginning to caramelize.
  2. Cook green beans in water, or steamer, until crisp tender. Drain and add to onion.
  3. Stir in tomato paste, add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Let's enjoy what the garden gifts us and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. These sounds so tasty, Lynn! I do the same thing with my extra tomato paste by freezing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!