Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Winter Lime & Tomato Salad

Let's face it folks, winter tomatoes can be a little sad. Our best bet for flavor is the small grape or cherry varieties. How about perking them up a bit with this Winter Lime & Tomato Salad. Nothing too earth shaking here, the idea is to simply add a big punch of flavor with some freshly squeezed lime juice and whatever fresh green herb you happen to have on-hand, parsley, cilantro, or basil. My Aerogarden's basil needed a trim, so that's what I used. Another thing that helps is a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. All standard ingredients, that help bring a little color and hint of warmer weather to our winter dinner table... Gotta love that:@) I also love that this is a mix and serve salad, no marinating or pickling time required.

My son said these Aerogarden's are pretty much designed for herbs.
In my limited experience so far,
I have to agree:@)
(New lettuce seeds sprouting in the pod in front.)

Winter Lime & Tomato Salad-Approximately 1 Pint Tomatoes:
Not so much a recipe as an add to taste...
Grape tomatoes, washed, dried and cut in half.
1 large lime, juice squeezed over tomatoes.
Handful freshly cut herbs. Four large basil leaves as a suggestion.
1-2 tsp sugar, add to taste.
S&P to taste.
~Gently mix all and serve.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. You can't beat the pairing of basil and tomatoes! I need an aerogarden to be able to cut sprigs of basil for quick, yummy dishes like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think of lime and tomato, wow, and it looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salad looks so colorful and I like the idea of lime added. Looks like your basil dud really well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!