Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Jello Rice Krispy Treats

I was getting ready for Sunday dinner and wanted to have a little something sweet on-hand... I love the unexpected fruity flavor of these Jello Rice Krispy Treats. Since I'm always cutting recipes in half or less, I happened to have some lime Jello open, so that's the flavor I used. Also thought the slight hint of green worked well for spring:@) Sprinkles are totally optional, but are always an easy way to make things more festive, and holiday choices are everywhere. 

One note: I'm always saying 'you know your crowd'... 
I purposely cut back on the Jello, 
I just wanted a hint of flavor, not a big punch of flavor. 
I made a half batch and used sugar free Jello,
I'll list what I did below.
You can click the link to Kraft to see the microwave version.

Jello Rice Krispy Treats-adapted from Kraft
2 Tblsp butter
1 tsp sugar free Jello, flavor of choice, can add more
5 oz mini marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
3 C rice krispy/krispie cereal
  1. In non-stick skillet, over low heat, melt butter, add Jello and stir until mostly dissolved.
  2. Add marshmallows, melt over low heat stirring constantly, still incorporating the Jello.
  3. When marshmallows have melted stir in vanilla.
  4. Remove from heat and gently fold in cereal.
  5. Pour into parchment or wax paper lined bread pan. Pat top down to create a solid cookie.
  6. Top with sprinkles if desired, gently pat sprinkles down so they stick.
  7. Allow to cool.
  8. Cut into squares, store in airtight container.
Enjoy a snack and have a happy day🐰

3 comments:

  1. I have a weakness for Rice Krispie treats, Lynn. The hint of flavor sounds like a perfect addition, and sprinkles always add color and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Kitty, I love RKTs and these could be dangerous to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen these made with jello (or jelly as we call it here) but they look great so I'll give ti a go next time. Thank you for sharing with us at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!