Saturday, November 5, 2022

Saturday ReView: Lighter Pecan Pie & Barbie DIY Santa Makeover

In a perfect world I would have been able to find a poseable 1:6 scale Santa doll for Barbie play. But not in my world... So I started with an action figure doll thrift store rescue, and dug out the Christmas props box to see what I already had... 

First preliminary pic:
Now, do I wish the pants were longer?
Yes, but I can work on that later.
I did rework the belt a bit.

The Santa face:
A little white paint on his eyebrows and hair.
And dabbing the paint on helped make the brows bushier too,
I might try to tone the brows down with a little gray later.
Gotta clean up that hairline too...

I thought the beard would be the most challenging part,
but ended up repurposing a little faux fur from a deconstructed ornament.
Simply cut to shape and glued to his face.

The hat always helps!

A pillow adds some belly and...
Wa-la, one department store type Santa 
for my Christmas scenes and pictures🎅

Before and after:

And this Lighter Pecan Pie would be perfect for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas! Not only does it have less sugar, it only calls for one cup of pecans... Making it both lighter in calories, and lighter on the wallet too:@) Good stuff folks, I've made it a few times, don't hesitate to give it a try.

Have a great weekend:@)

1 comment:

  1. I’ll check out the lighter pecan pie, Lynn and your Santa outfit. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!