Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Slow Cooker Baby Potatoes with Onions -Litter Dipper Crock Pot or Larger

This Slow Cooker Baby Potatoes with Onions is another recipe I just had to try. It's one you might want to test ahead of time and add to your list of holiday ideas to save stove or oven space. And of course it's helpful during hot weather too. To take it one step further, I made a small, approximate quarter batch, in my Little Dipper Crock Pot:@) My potatoes were from the Little Potato Company (found at Walmart) and literally were only about 1" in size. Those itty whole ones you see, yea, don't do that. Cut them all in half. They call little potatoes like this creamers, and yep, I think that's accurate!
What makes these different than my Slow Cooker Waxy Rosemary Potatoes?
Butter and chicken broth.
Good stuff folks:@)

Slow Cooker Baby Potatoes with Onions-from Salty Side Dish
1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes, cut in half
2 large onions, sliced, preferably a sweet onion
1/4 C butter, melted
1/2 C chicken broth
3 Tblsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper-or S&P to taste
  1. Combine potatoes and onions in Crock Pot.
  2. Mix everything else, pour over potatoes, mix well.
  3. Cover, heat on low 6-7 hours, or high 3-3 1/2 hours. I placed a paper towel under the lid.
  4. Serve with slotted spoon.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. I love onions with my potatoes! This looks like a winning recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea, and you can vary the size of the crock pot according to how much you need, thanks Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to make the potatoes for the holidays Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun recipe for me to try in my mini crock pot! Thanks, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!