Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Early September Raised Bed Garden -What's left of it...

Well folks, sadly we're coming to the end of the season and I did have to finally pull the zucchini over Labor Day Weekend. But the good news, I did get zukes up to September! Never happened before:@) Once I cleared that space on the left, I planted some beet and turnip seeds. 55-60 days, brings me to the beginning of November. If we get a light frost I'll try to cover the plants. I do still have a slug problem, so we'll see if they grow. 

Husky cherry tomato plant still going strong.
Also Labor Day Weekend, I blinked and the plant flopped over backwards...
Oh well, whatever I still get is a bonus:@)
Banana pepper palooza! 
If anyone has a great recipe or suggestion about how to use them,
~please~ leave a comment!
I thoroughly enjoyed the solar fountain, $10 well spent!

At this time the big tomato plant seems to be more food for bugs and critters than us... I've had to pull tomatoes off just as they begin to blush, and ripen them on the picnic table or windowsill. It's about time to pull it too. String beans on the end, actually on each end. One in a planter, one the raised bed.
Rosemary on the very end, looking forward to some hearty fall and winter meals using that.

So that's what we have at this time, I'll pop in with a mini update if there's anything to report, but I kinda think that's it for this year. I do plan to do an end of season recap, things I've observed and learned. Hopefully it helps someone reading, but also as reminders and a record for myself.

I hope summer treated you well!
🌻Happy Early Fall:@)

1 comment:

  1. You sure had a great growing season from your raised beds, Lynn. I’m glad that the solar fountain was worth the $10. Now we can see how your beets and turnips do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!