Monday, March 21, 2022

Leftover Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes Au Gratin Casserole with Ham & Peas

Whether you happen to have half a bag of frozen hash browns in the freezer, or would like to make a smaller casserole, this Leftover Potatoes Au Gratin Casserole is a nice meal, with many options. I had some ham and peas in the freezer, so that's what I added. But any cooked meat would work. Like bell peppers? Toss some in. Use any cheese you have on-hand, but cheddar is a natural. I was very pleased with this meal, don't hesitate to give it a try:@)

While I wrote this up as a leftovers meal, 
and obviously opted for easy clean-up...
It's good enough to maybe sub some asparagus for the peas, use a pretty baking dish,
 and make it for your Easter or Mother's Day Brunch:@)
Good stuff folks!

Leftover Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes Au Gratin Casserole-Adapted from Ore-Ida
Approx 14-16 oz frozen hash browns, thawed if possible-I used the cubed ones
1 1/2 Tblsp butter
1/2 C onion, diced-can add celery, bell pepper, etc
1 Tblsp A/P flour
1 C milk or Half and Half
S&P
Up to 1 C meat, cubed-I used less
1/2 C frozen peas
1 C cheese, shredded-I used less, and used up cheddar and mozzarella
  1. Cook onion in butter for about 5 minutes.
  2. Add flour, stir well for a minute or so.
  3. Add milk, bring to boil, reduce heat and cook for a minute or so until thickened.
  4. Add S&P to taste.
  5. Fold in potatoes, meat and peas.
  6. Pour into sprayed baking dish, mine was about 8x8".
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.
  8. Optional: Place under broiler for a couple minutes to brown the top. I did do this.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

6 comments:

  1. Frozen hash browns are a staple at my house Lynn, and most often made into a potato casserole...I love the idea of adding ham and a vegetable, a perfect one dish meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm....this sounds delicious. I know Bill would be a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a perfect meal and I may even have a half bag of hash browns in the freezer. I like your easy cleanup, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good and thanks for the recipe to make it Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delish! Visiting you from the wonderful wednesday link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Potatoes, cheese and ham, a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!