Monday, February 14, 2022

Crowd Size Impossible Taco Pie -Bisquick

Well here's something new, I'm generally scaling recipes down, but this time I wanted to try a 9x13 size Bisquick Impossible Taco Pie. I had some hamburger and needed an idea for Sunday dinner, this turned out to be a real crowd pleaser:@) We all loved adding the fun toppings at the table, use anything your crew likes with tacos. This hearty recipe also calls for four eggs, the boys thought this dish would be great to serve for brunch too.

Leftovers freeze beautifully, simply reheat in microwave.

9x13 Pan Bisquick Impossible Taco Pie-adapted from Betty Crocker
1 lb lean hamburger
1 1/2 C onion, chopped
2 envelopes taco seasoning-very robust flavor, can start with 1 1/2 envelopes, add more to taste
14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained well-can sub 1 C beans, 1 C corn
10 oz tomatoes with chiles (Rotel or store brand) drained well-can use green chiles
1 C Bisquick
2 C milk
4 eggs
2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
Any toppings you like with tacos
  1. Spray glass 9x13 pan with cooking spray (I cooked the hamburger and baked it in a 12" round, straight sided, non-stick pan-worked great!).
  2. Cook hamburger and onion. 
  3. Turn of heat, stir in seasoning, beans, corn if using, and Rotel. Pour into 9x13 pan.
  4. In bowl, whisk Bisquick, milk and eggs. Pour over hamburger mixture.
  5. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
  6. Top with cheese, bake 10 minutes more, or until cheese browns up nicely.
  7. Let sit about 5 minutes before slicing into  squares.
  8. Serve with anything you like on tacos: Cheese, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, black olives, avocado, corn chips, tortilla chips, etc.
Enjoy a little comfort food and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, sounds perfect! My boys would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My crew would love this----I'll make it for my son's birthday!!!(I'll use ground turkey or chicken as we don't eat beef here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the impossible pies, Lynn, and I made another one today for some friends. This would sounds really good, and I'll be trying it. Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a yummy taco pie Lynn. I love all of the Bisquick recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!