Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Three Ingredient Banana Bread -Cake Mix Recipe and a tip...

This Three Ingredient Cake Mix Banana Bread is another great way to use up a couple extra bananas, or even a cake mix that's been in the cabinet for a while. One of my favorite after Christmas clearance items is a spiced muffin/quick bread mix, that's what I used here. I think we've all seen this type of recipe before, what makes mine a little different is, instead of saying "use three bananas", I'll share how to measure them out so there isn't any guessing and your banana bread turns out great:@)

Take a look at the ingredients you will need on the box.
First, sub any oil with mashed banana (I measured out 1/2 C banana).
Next, what liquid do we need?
My mix called for 2/3 C water. Since I only started with 2 bananas, 
I couldn't fill my 1/3 measuring cup. Simply top it off with water/milk/half and half, etc.
Then add the other 1/3 C liquid.
No guessing, no worrying about having small or large bananas,
just a very nice snack cake that everyone enjoyed at Sunday dinner:@)

Three Ingredient Banana Bread
Quick Bread/Muffin mix or cake mix, flavor of choice-I used a 15 oz spiced mix
2 eggs-or whatever is called for on the box
1-3 mashed bananas
Water (or milk) to fill measuring cup
Optional add ins: nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
  1. Add mix to bowl.
  2. Add eggs to bowl.
  3. Substitute mashed bananas for any oil in the recipe.
  4. Liquid: Add leftover banana to a measuring cup, fill any remaining space in the cup with whatever liquid the recipe calls for. 
  5. Mix well, pour into greased loaf pan, top with nuts, chocolate chips or sanding sugar if desired, and bake per instructions on the box.
  6. Let cool in pan for a while, turn out onto rack.
Enjoy a snack and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!