Monday, December 13, 2021

Fruity or Spicy Gumdrop Cookies -Christmas Cookie Recipe

These Fruity or Spicy Gumdrop Cookies are a nice colorful addition to cookie trays folks. Sure to be a favorite with the kids, especially the fruit flavored ones... I bought a bag of mixed fruit jellied candy and fished the red and green out for Christmas. Stay tuned for a fun idea using the orange ones too! My best tip: Cut the candy ~small~... Picture a small gumdrop cut into fourths. I like my cookie tray treats to be smaller, so, you know, everyone can try a little of everything:@) As for the taste, this is a very nice sugar cookie with a chewy fruity bite. 
The recipe calls for mixing most of the candy into the dough.
*I preferred adding a couple pieces as I rolled each ball.

More gumdrop fun:

I think red and green candy would really look great:@)

And we always have spiced gumdrops for snacking this time of year:

Gumdrop Cookies-from Betty Crocker
1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar-I cut back a bit
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C A/P flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt-I used salted butter instead
1 1/4 C quartered gumdrops, or as many needed for about 5-6 pieces per cookie
Sanding sugar for sprinkling
  1. Cream butter and sugar, mix in egg and vanilla.
  2. Add dry, if dough stays crumbly use hands to bring together.
  3. *Mix in candy, roll into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet 2" apart.
  4. flatten each ball into a 1 1/2" circle, sprinkle with sanding sugar and push 2-3 pieces of candy into top of each cookie.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown around edges.
  6. Cool 2 minutes on pan, remove to rack and cool completely.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day🎅

I'm Joining:

5 comments:

  1. I love the festive cookies, the barbie and your tiered tray Lynn! You do a great job each year with making festive cookies. Thanks for the recipe and enjoy the week Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun here! And, I bet the kids love them! If only the candy shelves weren't wiped clean here, LOL...Walmart totally empty! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, 567 and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!