Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday ReView: Ham, Dry Bean and Tomato Soup & Barbie Baby Sled DIY

Have a ham bone in the freezer and expecting some extra cold weather and maybe snow? This Ham, Dry White Bean and Tomato Soup is my all time favorite ham and bean soup! It's extremely flavorful and reminds me of a hearty soup I used to get at a diner when the folks at work would go out to eat for lunch. Add some crusty bread and I guarantee you'll have a meal that will fill you up:@)

And speaking of snow...
I love the perky yellow color Tide uses for it's bottles and the small ones at Dollar Tree are the perfect size and shape to make an Easy Sled for a Barbie Baby or Small Toddler Doll! This project can literally be completed in less than 30 minutes and that includes washing and drying the bottle. A perfect craft for a cold winter day.

Look at the great shape, the bottle is even narrower for the front of the sled.

This project only requires three items, an empty bottle, something for a pull rope and some hot glue. 

He looks pretty cozy and happy to me! 

✂What I did:
  • Cut the bottom off of the Tide bottle with sturdy scissors, make it about 2" tall.
  • Wash well and dry thoroughly.
  • Cut the back straight across (the wider end of the bottle). Mine is about 1 3/4" tall. The nice thing about this bottle is it has two creases so you can gauge exactly what the back would be, you'll see😊
  • Then cut the sides down on an angle, but not all the way to the bottom. Leave at least 1/2" of the bottom of the bottle showing.
  • Lastly, Barbie needs something to pull the sled with. 
  • Use about 2' of ribbon, cording, elastic, yarn, etc.
  • I hot glued it to the front inside of the sled. If your Dremel is charged, you could make a couple small holes. 
  • Tie the two loose ends into a knot at your desired length.

You could add a belt to the back to secure the baby if you'd like. I simply propped him up with the blanket. Blanket = Square of fabric cut from old sweatshirt.


Barbie says "Sorry, no time to chat, gotta run...
Need some milk, bread and eggs".

~Make something just for fun and have a happy day~

5 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than a bowl of hearty soup on a cold day,{especially after sledding :) } sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup recipe link brings me to the recipe for Simple Candied Jalapenos. And that's not happening in my house 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! My bad, I've corrected the link:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ham and bean soup, Lynn! Barbie and her baby look so cute. You’re so crafty and inventive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!