Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter -Small Batch or Larger

This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter is another example of where I started the cooking with the lid on the Crock Pot and then removed it to allow moisture to evaporate. Look at how thick and creamy it turned out, there are peaks and it's holding it's shape. I made one 15 oz can of pumpkin in my 2 quart Crock Pot, the recipe is easily doubled. If you like pumpkin and are a fan of fruit butters, I think you'll really enjoy this. We sure did:@)
Can this be preserved by water bath canning?
The Food Police say no. 
So... One 15 oz can of puree will make two 8 oz jars of jam... 
Eat one, share one, win-win:@)

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
For each 15 oz can of pumpkin puree:
3/4 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
  1. Add everything to vessel, mix well.
  2. Cover and cook on high for one hour.
  3. Remove cover, stir and cook for two more hours with cover off, stirring occasionally.
  4. Store in covered jar in refrigerator. The Food Police say it's good for one week... 
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I can't decide whether I'd like this or apple butter better! I think I love both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How easy is this! I've never had pumpkin butter Lynn, it sounds dreamy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to try this, Lynn! I would love it, I know. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish Lynn, can't wait to try it! Happy Sunday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby would love this! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 31 for Pumpkin Recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!